Near field communication (NFC) is a wireless communication technology that uses various communication protocols to transfer data between two devices.
NFC technology uses short-range but high-frequency wireless signals to communicate and exchange data between two devices such as mobile devices and smartphones.
It has hassle-free pairing ability between two devices by just bringing them closer together or attached.
NFC technology is wireless, fast and easy to use. It uses radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology to exchange data between two NFC enables electronic devices.
Using Virtual Keyboard on Windows OS
What is VPN | Why should you use it
How messages can be send using Morse Code
Generally, for communications, we need an antenna. NFC also uses antennas. In mobiles devices, these NFC antennas are mostly attached to the back of the phone.
Major tasks you can perform using Near Field Communication (NFC)
1. You can transfer data using NFC
To transfer data using NFC you need to bring the two devices closer or touched. And then just press the option ok to start transferring data. And the most interesting thing about using NFC is, the pairing will be done automatically.
2. Touch Payment Terminals
3. NFC Tags
NFC tags are very small pre-programmed tags that help you to store and access data. You can place those tags anywhere in your home, car or office to access data through your device.
NFC works only when you get very close to those electrically programmed tags.
4. NFC Business card
NFC business cards are very useful to get information with just a touch. If you touch NFC enabled business cards with your mobile, all the information of the card get available to your device including user’s name, email id, website and etc.
Near Field Communication (NFC) vs Bluetooth
- NFC requires much less power than Bluetooth.
- NFC provides faster connectivity than Bluetooth.
- NFC takes less time to pair between two devices than Bluetooth pairing.
There are many cool features of using NFC that can make your life easy.
- You can connect your External Speakers with your device through NFC.
- You can Pay for Parking using NFC.
- You can open car doors using NFC technology.
- You can also use programmable NFC tags to access your stored wi-fi passwords, contacts or anything you want.